Team Composition & Format
- Each team match consists of: 1 women’s doubles, 1 men’s doubles, 2 mixed doubles.
- 4 Teams per session. Minimum of 2 males and 2 females per team
- There is no limit to how many players are on a team. Recommended to have at least 6 players per team for substitution
- Men’s and Women’s doubles will be played first, followed by 2 pairs of mixed doubles. Each team will be given 2 courts to play their matches.
- Unlimited Subs. You may substitute players in at any time during the match.
- Matches are 30 minutes, plus a 10 minute warm up before the start of the team match. After the first round or 1 hour mark, the 2 teams with the most points will play each other. The teams with the second most points will play each other.
- Buzzer or other indicator when times is up
- Players can finish the game they are on if the buzzer sounds during the games
- No – add game format using the 15, 30, 40 scoring
- Each court will have a continuous running game total (no definitive sets). Each team gets a point for every game won
-i.e. a court total can be 11 – 1
-the team with the most points at the end of the 2 hours wins the match
-a team match can end in a tie
- Super tiebreaker: In the event of a tied match, a 13-point Super Tiebreaker, involving a mixed doubles pairing of your choice, decides the outcome of the entire match. A coin toss determines the choice of side, server and receiver. Players change sides after six points. The first team to win seven points is awarded a single game and the match.
- Somewhat equal playing time is highly recommended for all teams.
- Coaching of players on bench and during change-over is allowed
- Each team will be given 2 courts to play all matches. We encourage both teams to be on the court cheering on their teammates. One big happy family.
- Primary objective is for all players to have fun!