Recent News and Announcements
UPDATE: The Under 40 League has been postponed due to conflicting events in Bozeman the same weekend. We’ll include an update with new dates/location soon.
A fun, social tennis club for adults of all skill levels to start or continue playing tennis. This club is all about having fun, making new friends, and improving your tennis game while you’re at it! Best of all, the participation fee is probably less than you spent at the bar last weekend. There are no excuses – grab some friends and choose to try something new and fun!
This team format is social, fun and coed. It’s non-advancing and includes any combination of men’s and women’s singles, doubles and mixed, with the option to play at beginner/intermediate or intermediate/advanced level.
Job Opening – DISTRICT LEAGUE COORDINATOR/ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
USTA-MT (MONTANA TENNIS ASSOCIATION)
District League Coordinator
The District League Coordinator will coordinate and supervise all USTA League Tennis Activities in the Montana District. The Assistant Executive Director will work collaboratively with the Executive Director to accomplish the strategic plan of the USTA-MT (Montana Tennis Association)
The DLC will prepare, run and coordinate Leagues in Montana. Travel is required. These Leagues include:
- Adult 18 & Over League
- Adult 40 & Over League
- Adult 55 & Over League
- Adult 65 & Over League
- Adult 18 & Over Mixed League
- Adult 40 & Over Mixed League
- ITA Fall Mixed League
- Young Adult Social League
- Increase player participation in Leagues to meet USTA-MT goals
- Recruit and lead Local League Coordinators
- Assist in the preparation of a program and operating League budget (consider a budget for travel, player parties, and expenses)
- Prepare orders for balls and other League supplies from ITA and coordinate the order with the USTA-MT Executive Director
- Maintain timely and accurate League records, including those of all players who are appealing self-ratings online or filing a grievance
- District, Sectional, and National Championships
Review all paperwork necessary for and verify eligibility in the USTA League Tennis Program.
Responsible for the proper creating and recording of League information in TennisLink
Schedule the team play for all District League Championships and distribute to Captains
Prepare and lead Team Captain Meetings
Lead the training of on-site tournament volunteers
Responsible for the proper recording of all team scores in TennisLink
Determine District Championship Winners. Create and forward all pertinent paperwork to the Section League Coordinator in the required time frame.
Identify and resolve local league issues with the District League Committee while keeping the District Executive Director and Section League Coordinator apprised of decisions, problems, and issues
Attend appropriate USTA meetings – one Montana District Meeting and one Sectional Meeting
Assist in running the USTA Adult League Sectional Championships
Assistant Executive Director
The Assistant Executive Director will work directly with the Executive Director to accomplish goals such as fundraising, marketing, accountability and to help manage USTA-MT programs such as Tennis is Elementary.
- Support the Executive Director in the development, organization and implementation of USTA-MT’s Tennis is Elementary After-School Program and other programs.
- Assist with the registration process for participants and fiduciary tasks such as payments and associated paperwork
- Conduct invoicing for all schools participating in the after-school program
- Track and update the District’s dashboard for the USTA Schools Registry and CoachYouthTennis.com site
- Prepare orders for 10 and Under Equipment and other supplies, and coordinate the order with the USTA-MT Executive Director
- Track and report 10 and Under Memberships to the USTA
- Assist in recruiting and scheduling instructors. Serve as substitute instructor when needed
- Assist with the monthly e-Newsletter, update the website, Facebook and other Social Media platforms
- Help recruit sponsors and send donor letters
- Administrative reporting, copying, mailing, data entry, phone calls, conference calls, webinars, and trainings as assigned
Qualifications Required: Strong organization and communication skills, both oral and written. Computer skills, administrative and organization skills. Working knowledge of Word and Excel. Ability to work well with and motivate individuals and groups. Able to meet travel demands and work weekends as needed. Experience with and a passion for the game of tennis. Must be a member of the USTA.
Desired: College degree. Working knowledge of TennisLink. Familiarity with USTA Leagues and tennis in Montana.
This position is being offered full time at $21,000-$25,000 per year.
Interested persons please send a cover letter and resume to Lauren Olson at email@example.com
There is no deadline for this position. Potential candidates will begin to be reviewed on the 27th of June and applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
The USTA-MT Board is excited to announce that Lauren Olson has been hired as the new Executive Director for USTA-MT. Lauren has been with the company for over four years in roles requiring continuing responsibility and involvement. She was previously the District League Coordinator, responsible for League programs in the state of Montana, and the Schools Program Coordinator, responsible for junior and after-school programs throughout the state. Lauren will take over for the previous Executive Director in mid-June.
The board of directors of USTA-Montana (MTA) regretfully announces that Jesse Peach, executive director of the Montana Tennis Association, will be leaving his position this summer to pursue a Ph.D. in Biochemistry at Montana State University. Jesse’s roots are deeply planted in both tennis and science. He has maintained his interest in biochemical research while running the MTA, and has now been given an opportunity that is too good to pass up.
The MTA board is grateful to Jesse for his help in making our organization more professional for staff, board, volunteers, and players. MTA now has two full-time staff, and significant programs across Montana. The mission of USTA-Montana is to grow the game of tennis in Montana. Jesse has done more than his share to contribute to that growth.
We wish you well, Jesse, and look forward to seeing what amazing discoveries you will be making in your lab. Now you can play league!
See you out on the courts!