UPDATE: USTA extends suspension of events through May 3rd.
Greetings Montana District Tournament and League Players:
By now many of you may have received notice from USTA National, which effective immediately is suspending all USTA programming including tournaments, league play, and junior events through April 20th.
March Madness Adult tournament in Billings and the Bobcat Spring Break Classic in Bozeman, scheduled for March 20-22, have been canceled. Entry fees will be refunded. We are working with our tournament directors to reschedule events where possible.
Our league events are scheduled as planned and we will continue to accept team registrations. These are changing times and our information is fluid. As we know more, we may need to make further adjustments based on how the situation changes.
USTA-Montana League Refund Policy remains in effect and any player who wishes to withdraw by the player deadline will receive a full refund.
USTA Montana League Refund Policy
All players must pay the league fee regardless of whether they intend to go to the Section Championship. Players who withdraw by the player deadline will receive a refund, minus a processing fee, See Table 3. After the refund deadline, no refunds will be given unless the District League Coordinator and Executive Director determine a refund is warranted due to exceptional circumstances. Examples of exceptional circumstances include injuries that make it impossible to play, a death in the player’s family, or cancellation of the event.
League Changes in 2020
- The USTA Adult 40 & Over format has changed to 1 singles and 3 doubles positions. (Note: This is now the National format for this league as well)
- Captains play for free! Contact Andrea Johnson to register your team.
- All team captains must contact Andrea Johnson for a team number to create their teams. You can no longer create a team number online via tennislink.
Download the 2020 League Schedule with Montana, Sectional, and National dates here
2020 Montana, Sectional, and National League dates are here! Download the pdf here:
Changes to USTA MT League Regulations for the 2019 Season are as follows:
In accordance with USTA Intermountain’s League Regulations, Montana has enacted a residency regulation for USTA league teams:
- A “Montana team” is a team that maintains a minimum of 50% of its total number of registered players from Montana.
- To be “from Montana,” a player must have resided in Montana for a minimum of 30 consecutive days over the past year.
- Registration is open to non-Montana teams only for those divisions with two or fewer teams registered after the first registration deadline. See Registration Deadlines, Table 3.
- 2019 USTA MT League Regulations
Here are the other 55 & Over Sectional Results for Montana. What an exceptional job!
6.0 – BYOB – 1st Place
7.0 – Bold Betty’s – 2nd Place
8.0 – Tennis Nuts – 3rd Place
9.0 – Bozeman Ladies – 2nd Place
7.0 – MSO Aces – 3rd Place
8.0 – Montana Fusion – 3rd Place
9.0 – Selstad’s Six – 4th PlaceT
Congratulations to the teams that won their division this past weekend in Missoula at the 18 & over and 55 & over league district championships. These 13 teams will go on to represent Montana in Salt Lake City, UT in August and Denver, CO in September!
55 & Over Teams:
6.0 Women: BYOB
7.0 Women: Bold Betty’s
8.0 Women: Tennis Nuts
9.0 Women: Bozeman Ladies
7.0 Men: MSO Aces
8.0 Men: Montana Fusion