Leagues, tournaments, and junior team tennis!
Belgrade Tennis Association’s Summer League Kick Off is Saturday, June 10! Fast4 Format. Four points, four games and four rules: there are no advantage scores, lets are played, tie-breakers apply at three games all and the first to four games wins the set. Looks like fun. Check it out! More info and registration at belgradetennis.org
Wheelchair Tennis Training and Clinic will be held on Saturday, June 17 at the Peak Racquet Club in Missoula. Morning session for tennis teaching pros and therapists. Continuing Education Credits may apply. Lunch will be provided.
Afternoon session for players and teachers on court. Hit balls and play games. All ages welcome. Sports chairs provided. Learn how best to set up your grassroots wheelchair tennis program and spread the love for the game!
9am-12pm: Training for teaching pros and therapists. Free!
1pm-3pm: Clinic for players and teachers. All ages welcome. Free!
This event is made possible through grant funding from USTA Wheelchair Tennis and cooperation from USTA-Utah, USTA-Montana, Community Medical Center, and the Peak Health and Wellness Center.
USTA-MT Social Tennis is a program geared toward adult social play for USTA members and NON-USTA members ages 18 and over. The format is social, fun, and includes men’s, women’s and mixed doubles. Social Tennis is for players who just want to play or practice without the structure of organized league play. Balls and beverages are provided and USTA-MT staff will be on-site to organize play. All participants will receive sunglasses and pedometers as favors.
Contact: Andrea Johnson, email@example.com, 406-579-9609
Team Composition & Format
- Each team match consists of: 1 women’s doubles, 1 men’s doubles, 2 mixed doubles.
- 4 Teams per session. Minimum of 2 males and 2 females per team
- There is no limit to how many players are on a team. Recommended to have at least 6 players per team for substitution
- Men’s and Women’s doubles will be played first, followed by 2 pairs of mixed doubles. Each team will be given 2 courts to play their matches.
- Unlimited Subs. You may substitute players in at any time during the match.
- Matches are 30 minutes, plus a 10 minute warm up before the start of the team match. After the first round or 1 hour mark, the 2 teams with the most points will play each other. The teams with the second most points will play each other.
- Buzzer or other indicator when times is up
- Players can finish the game they are on if the buzzer sounds during the games
- No – add game format using the 15, 30, 40 scoring
- Each court will have a continuous running game total (no definitive sets). Each team gets a point for every game won
-i.e. a court total can be 11 – 1
-the team with the most points at the end of the 2 hours wins the match
-a team match can end in a tie
- Super tiebreaker: In the event of a tied match, a 13-point Super Tiebreaker, involving a mixed doubles pairing of your choice, decides the outcome of the entire match. A coin toss determines the choice of side, server and receiver. Players change sides after six points. The first team to win seven points is awarded a single game and the match.
- Somewhat equal playing time is highly recommended for all teams.
- Coaching of players on bench and during change-over is allowed
- Each team will be given 2 courts to play all matches. We encourage both teams to be on the court cheering on their teammates. One big happy family.
- Primary objective is for all players to have fun!