08 Apr Announcing: Area League Recruiter Positions for USTA MT!
JOB DESCRIPTION: USTA MT AREA LEAGUE RECRUITER
TITLE: Area League Recruiter
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 4
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
WORK SCHEDULE: May 1st – October 1st, Monday – Friday, plus some weekends and night on occasion during June, August & September, ~10-16 hours per week.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Recruit and promote participation to new and existing USTA members to play opportunities in the various league programs. This includes assisting with implementing all National, Section and District league regulations. Developing and growing USTA MT social tennis programs is a priority of this position.
DUTIES OF AREA LEAGUE RECRUITER
1. Recruit and train captains. Encourage successful team creation at all NTRP levels.
2. Educate and train captains and players to ensure conformity to the USTA, Section and District regulations.
3. Train captains and players in the use of Tennis Link.
4. Develop positive working partnerships/relationships with tennis facilities, teaching professionals and the local tennis community.
5. Recruiters should familiarize themselves with Tennis Link.
6. Each recruiter should be prepared to work a minimum of one league weekend.
7. Assist ED at various events.
8. Be available to promptly answer captain and player questions within 48 hours.
9. Assist players and captains in finding and creating teams.
10.Identify and work to resolve local league challenges while keeping the executive director informed.
a. Monitor Tennis Link to ensure captains input the scores within the time frame.
b. Resolve disputed scorecards by contacting appropriate captains.
c. Review scorecards to determine that defaults/forfeits are recorded correctly.
12. Comply with deadlines established by USTA Montana for Championships and any other deadlines required.
13. Recruiting efforts may include attending local community tennis association meetings, cold call players, captains, and other potential new player candidates, emailing previous captains and players and attending social tennis events in local tennis community.
14. Support USTA League Tennis and USTA Montana in an objective and unbiased manner.
The time commitment for an Area League Recruiter is dependent on the size of the local league program. There are no set hours established by USTA Montana, though 8-16 hours per week is expected of the league recruiter to work during the months of May – September.
Knowledge of USTA National, Section, and District League regulations and procedures.
Access to computer and internet, computer experience in Microsoft Programs.
College Degree, preferable.
Tennis knowledge, knowledge of USTA League rules, tournament desk organization and Tennis Link experience, preferable.
Experience with computers and MS Office.
Strong organizational skills.
Customer service skills and ability to manage difficult situations.
Innovative and creative thinking.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Highly motivated self-starter, enthusiastic personality with passion for promoting and growing tennis.
How to Be Considered: Please send resume and cover letter including why you are interested and qualified for this position to Andrea Johnson at email@example.com.
This is an independent contractor position.
Salary: ~ $5,000 per recruiter position.
Travel and job-related expenses will be reimbursed.
USTA Intermountain Montana is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including but not limited to hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and training.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.