You already know that tennis is the perfect sport for staying social while physically distancing. Now, we at the USTA are happy to offer you one more reason to get out and play.
Our USTA League players are the most passionate players in the United States and we appreciate you. Given that, all USTA League players are now eligible for a 50-percent discount on their USTA membership renewal. To secure your discount, use the promo code GOPLAY50 during the checkout process.
We hope you’ll take advantage of this offer as a sign of our appreciation. Please stay safe and get your family and friends out on the courts for THE perfect sport!
Our 2021 Calendar of Events can be found here:
Note: Bitterroot Memorial Open Dates are August 13-14 – Juniors, August 14-15 -Adults
Bozeman Turkey Jr Shootout – November 19-21, 2021
First Interstate Bank Fall Adult Indoor Open – October 29-31, 2021
Local and flexible mixed doubles leagues will be organized in Billings, Bozeman, and Missoula for levels 3.0-4.5. You don’t have to be a current USTA member to play. Sign up with a doubles partner to play or contact us if you need a partner.
Play begins September 8th and ends October 18th.
Registration Deadline: Friday, August 28th.
Contact Andrea Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for more information.
How it works: We publish the schedule and it is up to each doubles team to contact their opponents and get their matches played before October 18. When you play is up to you! Bring your own balls and enter your scores on TennisLink using your match ID number. The match ID number can be found on your match schedule, which will be posted to TennisLink on or before September 8.
- You are provided with a weekly suggested “play by date” schedule, but you and your opponents decide WHEN and WHERE you will play. (The FUN of leagues with the convenience of FLEX.)
- Round Robin Format.
- You can play the week 6 match the first week, or you can play 2 matches (or more) in a week, or none. You just need to complete the matches by the end of the season which ends.
- The league consists of doubles teams for men and women at the 3.0 – 4.5 level.
- The number of matches/weeks in a schedule depends on the number of persons/teams who register for your flight level, but we typically do not schedule fewer than four or more than seven matches in a “season.”
- You can use a SUB when you need to because of travel, injury, or whatever. You do not need to tell us unless you are getting a “permanent sub.”
- You do not have to be a USTA member to play FLEX league.
- You can select the NTRP rating level you wish to play, even if you have a current USTA rating. So, you can play UP and you can play DOWN; we just want you to select the best competitive level for all.
- Your Flex matches NEVER calculate in your USTA rating.
How many players on a team? 2 players to form doubles teams. Subs are allowed.
Do winners from local areas move on anywhere? No, this is just local play.
Do we report scores? Yes, players report their own scores into Tennislink using their match ID.
Hello fellow tennis players, we have yet another announcement regarding league play for you from the Intermountain Section.
Due to the continued situation surrounding the COVID-19 virus, the Intermountain Section has made the decision to cancel its 2020 Sectional Championships. This includes Mixed 18’s, 18’s, 40’s and 55’s. Check out this link for more info: https://www.usta.com/en/home/stay-current/intermountain/intermountain-covid-19-updates.html?fbclid=IwAR3nmRkIUH50dODOXVbYQMFpUiNqIxl8Nycl0eXbtJ45pQQ1XkESkjzaBiA
UPDATE: USTA extends suspension of events through May 3rd.
Greetings Montana District Tournament and League Players:
By now many of you may have received notice from USTA National, which effective immediately is suspending all USTA programming including tournaments, league play, and junior events through April 20th.
March Madness Adult tournament in Billings and the Bobcat Spring Break Classic in Bozeman, scheduled for March 20-22, have been canceled. Entry fees will be refunded. We are working with our tournament directors to reschedule events where possible.
Our league events are scheduled as planned and we will continue to accept team registrations. These are changing times and our information is fluid. As we know more, we may need to make further adjustments based on how the situation changes.
USTA-Montana League Refund Policy remains in effect and any player who wishes to withdraw by the player deadline will receive a full refund.
USTA Montana League Refund Policy
All players must pay the league fee regardless of whether they intend to go to the Section Championship. Players who withdraw by the player deadline will receive a refund, minus a processing fee, See Table 3. After the refund deadline, no refunds will be given unless the District League Coordinator and Executive Director determine a refund is warranted due to exceptional circumstances. Examples of exceptional circumstances include injuries that make it impossible to play, a death in the player’s family, or cancellation of the event.