04 Aug Last Chance Tennis Center is Hiring A Club Manager
Overview of LCTA
The Last Chance Tennis Center is a nonprofit group of tennis enthusiasts. Members have access to a 3‐court indoor tennis center located near the airport at 2910 Skyway Drive in Helena, Montana. LCTA provides an indoor tennis facility, as well as access to tennis pros, clinics, tournaments, special tennis events, and other playing opportunities.
- The Manager will report directly to the club President, and will work with the Board members to offer appropriate services to the club members.
- The Manager will proactively find ways to create a positive, welcome environment at the club
- The Manager will respond promptly to queries and concerns from members and potential members
- The Manager will attend Board meetings and report to the Board about club updates
- The Manager will be the de facto “face of the Club” The manager will be encouraged to participate in various civic events to promote LCTA and its benefits Tennis Development
- The Manager will work with the Board, tennis pros, and members to help organize and administer tennis playing opportunities, such as leagues, tournaments, clinics, social events, and junior tennis events.
- The Manager will provide new member orientation to all new members, including providing those members opportunities to get “plugged” into the various groups, leagues, and clinics.
- The Manager will make a concerted effort to keep current members using the club and make sure their needs are met.
Building & Grounds
- The Manager will be primarily responsible for maintaining excellent court conditions and cleaning the courts periodically as necessary
- The Manager will be responsible for building maintenance, which includes keeping bathrooms and kitchen cleaned and maintained, working with vendors for all repairs as necessary in alignment with Club budget, and making sure the club is properly maintained
- The Manager will be responsible for hiring/contracting (subject to Board approval), training, supervising, paying, and scheduling of other personnel/contractors needed for building and court maintenance
Billing and Club Administration
- The Club Manager will work directly with the Board Treasurer to assist with and administer billing of members
- The Club Manager will work directly with the Board Treasurer to assist with other accounting and budgeting matters as directed, including paying club bills, overseeing budget, and maintaining accurate accounting records
- The Club Manager will work directly with the Board to maintain the Club Automation scheduling/communication software
- The Manager will work with the Board to help generate revenue for the club through activities such as fundraising, selling advertising, and developing new marketing opportunities
- The Manager will periodically update the club website, social media, and generally assure that members are updated of events and news in a timely manner
- The manager will work with the Board and teaching tennis pros to handle court bookings, court allocation, and other items, and to ensure pros have insurance and proper paperwork to teach at the club on file.
From time to time, the Board may assign other projects to the Manager. Those could include projects regarding memberships, maintenance, feasibility studies, and other tennis‐ related items.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort with electronic communications
- Ability to multi task and manage projects independently
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Interest in and general understanding of tennis is strongly preferred
- Ability to handle minor repairs and building maintenance is preferred
- Comfort with Excel and QuickBooks is preferred, or a desire to learn the software
- Prior experience in facilities management and/or hospitality is preferred
- Being a current club member is preferred, though not necessary
$15 to $20 per hour, negotiable based on experience
Free club membership during employment for manager and his/her immediate family