25 Jun Local Summer Flex League
Posted at 07:41h in Leagues, News 0 Comments
Flex Leagues are LOCAL, FUN and FLEXIBLE and allow you to play at your own pace and time, so you can fit tennis into your busy schedule.
6 Weeks: July 13 – August 23 Registration Deadline: July 7th
USTA Montana is offering a summer flex league in Billings, Bozeman, and Missoula for levels 3.0 – 4.5 for both men and women.
KEY POINTS about Flex League:
- You are provided with a weekly suggested “play by date” schedule, but you and your opponents decide WHEN and WHERE you will play. (The FUN of leagues with the convenience of FLEX.)
- Round Robin Format.
- You can play the week 6 match the first week, or you can play 2 matches (or more) in a week, or none. You just need to complete the matches by the end of the season which ends.
- The league consists of doubles teams for men and women at the 3.0 – 4.5 level.
- The number of matches/weeks in a schedule depends on the number of persons/teams who register for your flight level, but we typically do not schedule fewer than four or more than seven matches in a “season.”
- You can use a SUB when you need to because of travel, injury, or whatever. You do not need to tell us unless you are getting a “permanent sub.”
- You do not have to be a USTA member to play FLEX league.
- You can select the NTRP rating level you wish to play, even if you have a current USTA rating. So, you can play UP and you can play DOWN; we just want you to select the best competitive level for all.
- Your Flex matches NEVER calculate in your USTA rating.
How many players on a team? 2 players to form doubles teams. Subs are allowed.
Do winners from local areas move on anywhere? No, this is just local play.
Do we report scores? Yes, players report their own scores into Tennislink using their match ID.
USTA Membership is not required for these leagues, however, the cost is $10 for the flex league season. This covers administrative fees,
How to Register: Contact Andrea Johnson for team number for you and your partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.